Nutrition: Calories 427, Fat: 31, Carbs 1.2g, Protein 29.1g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 4 large organic eggs •
1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
• 4 bacon slices
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
• Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
Directions: 1. In a bowl, add the eggs, chives, salt, and black pepper, and beat until well combined.
2. Heat your nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the bacon slices for about 8–10 minutes.
3. Place the bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and chop the bacon slices. With paper towels, wipe out the frying pan.
4. Melt butter over medium-low heat in the same frying pan and cook the egg mixture for about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the omelet and top with chopped bacon.
5. Cook for 1–2 minutes or until the desired doneness of eggs. Remove from heat and immediately place the cheese in the center of the omelet.
6. Fold the edges of the omelet over cheese and cut into 2 portions. Serve immediately.